MS Resistances range of speciality resistors is suitable for a range of applications including:
- Load bank resistors – to simulate electrical loads
- Neutral earthing resistors – to limit fault currents within a three-phase power transformer or generator
- Damping resistors – to absorb harmonic currents in order to limit the distortion transmitted to the network
- Air cooled motor starting resistors – to reduce starting current
- Marine braking resistors – to apply a load to dissipate kinetic energy when braking or stopping a vessel
- Pre-insertion / discharge resistors – to limit transients during circuit energisation
Resistor banks can be supplied with integrated switches, current transformers and/or voltage transformers.